“The Hobbit” by J.R.R. Tolkien
This story provides a fantastic opportunity to study the aspects of a journey, not just in physical terms, but internal journeys that transform the hobbit, Bilbo Baggins from a timid creature of comforts to an unlikely hero of adventure. It delves into the character trait of giving versus greed, and provides many opportunities to sketch each interesting race of creatures and people and identifying what makes them unique to their species.
The Independent scholar presents a christian based study guide for the book “The Hobbit” by J.R.R. Tolkien. This Study includes:
- Reading comprehension questions
- Spelling/Vocabulary words
- Bible verses relevant to the story
- Many projects to choose from, including science, art, history, cooking, writing and more!
Each Independent Scholar study guide incorporates cultural themes and character traits that are relevant to the book being studied. This study guide focuses on:
- Character traits (Giving vs. Greed)
- Empathy (Putting yourself in the characters shoes)
- Art and sketching
- Courage and bravery
- Story Character analysis (Draw and study various races and creatures within the story)
This study guide is great for both individual and group use! It uses an easy lesson format that can be modified to fit all scheduling needs.
- 8.5″ x 11″ Glossy covered work book
- Grade level: 8th – 12th Grade
- Teaching duration: 2-3 months
- Number of lessons: 19
- Pages: 70
- Teachers Guide: Free down load with purchase of student work book.