This classic coming of age tale is set in the middle of the Civil War and follows the adventures a young man named Henry as he enters the battlefield with ignorant dreams of becoming a hero. When his regiment is thrown into their first battle, Henry comes face to face with the prospect of death. His actions force him into an introspective battle of his own as he learns the concept of war, courage, and what it takes to be a real hero.
The Independent scholar presents a christian based unit study guide for the book “The Red Badge of Courage” by Stephen Crane. This Study includes:
- Reading comprehension questions
- Spelling/Vocabulary words
- Bible verses relevant to the story
- Many projects to choose from, including science, art, history, cooking, writing and more!
Each Independent Scholar study guide incorporates cultural and historical facts that are relevant to the book being studied. This study guide focuses on:
- The Civil War (geography, mapping, roles of flag bearers and drummer boys, food and weaponry)
- What it means to be a hero
- Courage, cowardice, and conscience
- Attitude and grumbling
This unit study guide is great for both individual and group use! Easy lesson format that can be modified to fit any scheduling needs.
- 8.5″ x 11″ Glossy covered work book
- Grade level: 9th – 12th Grade
- Teaching duration: 2-3 months
- Number of lessons: 24
- Pages: 66
- Answer Guide: Free download with purchase of student work book.