Young Sam Gribley has decided to leave his crowded family apartment and live on his own in the forest of the Catskill Mountains. Armed with only a couple items from home and the clothes on his back, he sets out for adventure. He quickly learns that it will take more than a strong will and a little know how if he wants to survive!
The Independent Scholar presents a Christian based unit study guide for the book “My Side of the Mountain” by Jean Craighead George. This Study includes:
- Reading comprehension questions
- Spelling/Vocabulary words
- Bible verses relevant to the story
- Many projects to choose from, such as geography, art, science, cooking, writing, and much more!
Each Independent Scholar unit study guide incorporates cultural and historical facts that are relevant to the book being studied. This study guide focuses on:
- Survival Skills
- Planning ahead / Being responsible
- Further Studies Include:
- Edible Plants
- Geography / Mapping
- Meaning of “Might Makes Right” in nature
This unit study guide is great for both individual and group use! It uses an easy lesson format that can be modified to fit all scheduling needs.
Study guide is 87 pages not including cover.
Answer guide is 90 pages not including cover.