This is a chilling tale of mankind’s descent into savagery when left unchecked and on its own. A group of boys stranded on a deserted island must organize themselves if they are to survive and be rescued. This proves more difficult when disagreements break out, and talk of a shadowy “beast” spreads terror throughout their small community. Their struggle proves not only to be with each other and a system of leadership, but within each and every boy, threatening not only their humanity, but their very survival.
The Independent scholar presents a Christian based study guide for the book “Lord of the Flies” by William Golding. This Study includes:
- Reading comprehension questions
- Spelling/Vocabulary words
- Bible verses relevant to the story
- Many projects to choose from, including geography, art, cooking, writing and more!
Each Independent Scholar study guide incorporates cultural and historical facts that are relevant to the book being studied. This study guide focuses on:
- What makes a good leader/leadership qualities
- Dealing with fear
- Survival skills
- Perspective, “determining what is important”
This study guide is great for both individual and group use! It uses an easy lesson format that can be modified to fit all scheduling needs.
- 8.5″ x 11″ Glossy covered work book
- Grade level: 9th – 12th Grade
- Teaching duration: 2-3 months
- Number of lessons: 14
- Pages: 64
- Answer Guide: 74 pages. Free download with purchase of student work book.