This beloved story features Heidi, a lively young girl who goes to live with her grandfather high in the Swiss Alps. There, she charms her way into the hearts of everyone around her, learning the ways of the mountain and country life. Her peaceful world changes as she is moved to Frankfurt to serve as a companion to a sickly child named Klara. Homesick for her grandfather, Heidi is bewildered and wonders why God won’t answer her prayers and return to her beloved mountain home. Her delightful adventures and mishaps shape her character and teach her to never give up hope or her faith in the Lord.
The Independent scholar presents a christian based unit study guide for the book “Heidi” by Johanna Spyri. This Study includes:
- Reading comprehension questions
- Spelling/Vocabulary words
- Bible verses relevant to the story
- Many projects to choose from, including geography, art, history, cooking, writing and more!
Each Independent Scholar study guide incorporates cultural and historical facts that are relevant to the book being studied. This study guide focuses on:
- How Attitude Shapes A Person’s Character
- The Power of Persistent Prayer
- Appreciation for Nature / Outdoors
- Opportunities to Study:
– Wild Flowers
– Goats / Goats Milk & Cheese
– Woodworking & Craftsmanship
This unit study guide is great for both individual and group use! It uses an easy lesson format that can be modified to fit all scheduling needs.
- 8.5″ x 11″ Glossy covered work book
- Grade level: 6th – 8th Grade
- Teaching duration: 2-3 months
- Number of lessons: 23
- Pages: 81
- Answer Guide: Free download with purchase of student work book.